It’s our favorite time of year at East Cobb SNOBS and we want to help you make your holiday merry, bright and local! So here are a few of our local “bests” for this holiday season:
- Best Christmas tree farm – You don’t have to go far, but you do have to go fast to cut your own tree this season. Coker Tree Farm in Marietta is the closest Christmas tree farm to our area, but the last day of the season was Saturday, December 2nd! We visited Kinsey Family Farm in Gainesville this year and were very impressed. This tree farm is at least an hour drive from East Cobb but you can cut your own tree or pick from their pre-cut selection in the barn. Insider tip: bring marshmallows for roasting in their fire pit.
- Best place for hot cocoa (besides Starbucks) – We love Café Reveille! Take the family this Christmas break and enjoy a great brunch. Try the “Which Came First” or “Mystic French Toast” and a nice warming coffee specialty drink or hot cocoa to go with it.
- Best holiday day-trip – It is a quick drive to enjoy the wonderful Christmas festivities in Dahlonega. The schedule of events includes Christmas markets, parades, and of course, mountain music. Plus, there’s a much better chance to enjoy a white Christmas up in the North Georgia Mountains!
- Best winter wonderland – If you are staying in Metro Atlanta, the chances of a wintry Christmas are slim, but you can get the next best thing at Winter Wonderland in Marietta Square, an open air skating rink and other holiday fun.
- Best shopping break – Get in the holiday spirit at The Avenue at East Cobb. Take a break from Christmas shopping Fridays in December from 3pm – 7pm for a carriage ride, Santa visit or some holiday music.
- Best place to find lords a leaping – Springfree Trampoline is having a holiday party on Saturday, December 10, 12pm – 5pm. They’ll have holiday crafts, family activities, refreshments and plenty of jumping!
There’s so much more to check out in East Cobb this season, but these are our favorites. However you choose to celebrate, we at East Cobb SNOBS wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday season!