East Cobb is full of fun events, especially now that warm weather is here! Here are a few of our favorite ways to make your spring sparkle:
- Get Outside – Obviously! Sunday Funday at East Cobb Park is one of our favorites, March 24, April 28 and May 19 from 4:00-6:00pm. Bring a blanket or chairs and enjoy family-friendly live music. Or, if you prefer to play in the dirt, check out the Chattahoochee Nature Center Native Plant Sale. In addition to 120 plant varieties for purchase, there will be volunteers to offer advice. Both of these events have free admission.
- Solve a Mystery – We love the idea of the interactive dinner theater production, Murderous Crossing at The Art Place. You can dress the part and BYOB. There’s also some mystery brewing at The Strand on Marietta Square. You could go see 1954 mystery, Dial M for Murder or attend Murder at the Strand, another interactive experience where you get to walk around, ask questions and examine the crime scene.
- Run a Race – There are several local 5K races this spring, including the Crazy Socks and Shake Your Shamrocks race on March 15, the Furry Friends 5K on March 16, the Water Drop Dash on March 23, and the Orange Duffel Bag Dash on April 27. Also, the ever popular Color Run is going to be just down the road at Six Flags, April 7.
- Try Something Different – If you are looking for something a little different, what about one of these events?
- The Model Train Show and The American Craft Show will both be at the Cobb Galleria the weekend of March 15th.
- Experience the ancient animals of the sea with Earth’s Prehistoric Aquarium at the Cobb Energy Center, April 3.
- Or learn what Atlanta is doing to attract international business at the World Trade Day on May 3rd
This is just a sample of the many events going on in our corner of the world. Happy Spring!