There are still free and fun things to do here in East Cobb this summer!
Even though COVID-19 has drastically changed summer activities for most families, we have scoured the area to find you some safe and free activities to do. Here are six of our favorites.
Our Pick 6
1. Drive-In Movie Night – Pile the entire family in the car to go see Aladdin at the Cobb Civic Center. You can pile out of the car and watch the movie on your own lawn chairs or blankets. Even though the event is free, you do need to register for this event.
BONUS: Cobb County Parks department is also offering some free virtual events. Check out the calendar at this link.
2. Take a Hike – It is hot, but an evening trail hike or ride might be just what the family needs after being cooped up so much this summer. Try out the Silver Comet Trail, it has paved trails, restrooms and picnic tables. Enjoy street art, outdoor dining and other fun features on Atlanta’s Beltline. Or, seek out the hidden Edge of the World swimming hole in Dawsonville.
3. Shoot the Hooch – If you have your own tube and two vehicles for drop off and pick up, this is a great way to cool off. Here is info on float times from different points on the river.
4. Eat Out (Kids Eat Free) – Check out this list of Atlanta area restaurants that offer free kids meals. Just be sure to call ahead to find out about new dine-in rules.
5. Get to know Cobb County – We found some cool drive-by tours you can do in our area. There’s this scavenger hunt of local historical landmarks. You can visit, snap photos and share them on social media. Or, try out one these three driving tours that all originate at the Marietta Welcome Center. The link includes a map and information about each stop!
6. Try a Virtual Arts experience – Many local theaters and museums are offering some amazing online tours, instructional videos and shows. You can check out a great list of them at this link.
East Cobb is a great place to live, even in a pandemic!